Rooming House License

Any person or corporation who is renting 3 or more rooms to persons who are not members of their immediate family is required to file an application for Rooming House License, which includes boarding houses, inns and hotels. The Town Clerk's office issues all Rooming House licenses.

Because many businesses are seasonal and are closed by the time applications are received in the Fall, the Minimum Housing Inspector usually begins inspections in May or June.

Issuance & Fees

Licenses are issued annually and expire December 1st; the fee is $20 per room. License is issued once fee is paid and premises have passed inspection by the Minimum Housing Inspector. New Rooming House applications go to the Zoning Official for approval. 

Room House License

Rooming House License Application

Rooming House Ordinance