Special Event Permits

The Town of New Shoreham requires special events to be licensed. The license application must be filed for organizations and individuals looking to hold events that are not part of the ordinary uses of the property, uses public roads, uses town property, etc. This includes, but is not limited to:

  • Amplified music and performances
  • Biathlons
  • Bicycle races
  • Concerts
  • Dances
  • Decathlons
  • Fairs
  • Fireworks display
  • Parades
  • Parties
  • Road races
  • Traveling shows or exhibits
  • Triathlons

The application must be filed at least 30 days prior to the event. If the event is proposing to use any Town properties, you must file an application for Use of Town Facilities.

Special Events

Special events shall include:

  • A wedding, party, or other event held in a residential zone that the will attract more than 75 persons or 30 motor vehicles.
  • An event that will attract more than 250 persons or 50 motor vehicles in the commercial zones.
  • An event that requires the partial or full closure of a road or street.
  • An event that will attract 100 or more persons to Fred Benson Town Beach or other state or town-owned property.
  • An event that requires additional services (police, emergency services, traffic control, etc.)