Liquor license transfer and relocations applications are accepted throughout the year.
Please submit the following application documentation to the Clerk's Office:
- Liquor license application (PDF) - ensuring the Transfer section is completed in full
- Supplemental applications/affidavits (4 pages)
- Site plan, showing the property and the building, including:
- Delineated areas of liquor service and liquor consumption
- Property ownership
- Zoning classification
- Plat and Lot
- Victualling license application (PDF) (if applicable)
- Copy of your menu (Class BV, BM or BVL license)
- Proof of liability insurance: General liability and liquor liability and property damage coverage in the minimum amount of $300,000
- Payment of fees:
- $25 application fee
- License fee ($1,000 - Class A; $1,500 - Class BVL or BM; or $2,000 - Class BV)
- $100 Victual fee (if applicable)
Additionally, you must ensure:
- The corporation is in good standing with the Rhode Island Secretary of State's Office
- The property is free from Zoning violation
- All taxes and user fees have been paid
- Clearance from the Rhode Island Division of Taxation is granted
License hearings are noticed and advertised by the Clerk's Office, with all costs paid by the applicant. All applicants must attend the hearing.
Please see the New Shoreham Liquor Rules and Regulations (PDF) for more detail.