Procedure to follow to hunt deer on Block Island:
- Be aware that a valid Rhode Island hunting license is required.
State hunting abstracts are available at Town Hall; note that the
abstracts published by the State have incorrect hunting dates.
- Must have written permission and direct contact with the owner of private property to hunt their land.
- Bring the deer hunting permission slip to the Police Chief for a final signoff.
- Deer tags can be purchased at Town Hall during regular business hours.
- Entrails and deer carcasses can be disposed of free of charge at the transfer station any day of the week.
Note: Crossbow may be used during shotgun season with a valid shotgun deer permit.